T-Minus

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Training ride 2/26/13

My training ride this afternoon was the first one in a week. Healing up from the blood clot, meetings at work and cold windy weather on Saturday made the excuses easy.  Today I start in earnest so for lunch a beautiful 40 mile ride around Washoe Lake.  One of the reasons I like riding in North Western Nevada is because it straddles the eastern slope of the Sierra.  In a short distance you can ride in the forested mountains, farmland step and open desert.  Here is an example taken from Franktown Lane looking North toward Reno.  An interesting side bar, if your familiar with professional bike racing, this is where Greg Lemond lived as a kid and started his riding career .



2 comments:

  1. I THOUGHT that was by Washoe Lake. I'm looking forward to getting down there soon with Steve to ride again. So beautiful! For now, I'll just ride in South Reno. :) Praying for you as you train for this epic ride, John!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry I can use all the prayer. To be a little more specific the shot was taken South of Bower's Mansion on Franktown road about a mile from where it intersects with Old 395.

      Delete